As I’m having fun inviting people to the new social networking service Google +, many asked me on how they can invite their friends (since Google has temporarily shut down the invitation mechanism). Here are the steps I’m following to do that:
- Create a new empty Circle and name it something like “Gmail contacts”
- Add the people you want to invite to that circle (by adding their Gmails)
- Write a status update in your Google+ stream, it could be anything like “inviting my friends on Gmail”
- In the “+ add circles or people to share with…” below the status box add the circle you created in the first step and don’t forget to tick the checkbox “also email # people not using Google+”
- Click the Share button.
- Your invited friends should receive an email contain your status update and a link to Google+.
- They should click that link to the post with a “Join Google +” button.
I’ve been using this method the whole day and it worked perfectly for me! So try it and share your experience with me in the comment area below.
Note: I came across this method in several sites like Gizmodo and TechChruch but wasn’t as clear as I’m posting it here.